Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's Been a While

So, this technology thing gets me sometimes. I know its been a while since I have blogged anything. This is not a new pattern. I haven't updated my twitter in so long, I can't remember my password. With that said, I promise to update more often. If not for all you readers out there (6, maybe?), for me. Its therapeutic to blog, really.

I have ideas for a few blogs to come. Here's what I'm thinking:

The Should Dos (regarding advice for pregnancy and life)

Belly Blues (about the growth of my belly, clothing, and the like)

The "I Really Really Want This List" (some things Chad and I have spotted that we really want for the baby)


For now, i thought I would talk about one of my biggest cravings (surprised much? I obviously love talking about food!) I have been craving, in an unhealthy way, Eggs Benedict. I was actually just introduced to this amazing breakfast item this past summer at Papa Jim and Nana Susan's house (AKA: my parents). I LOVE IT. Well, let me restate this: I LOVE IT (sans ham). A few weeks ago, I realized that I have all the ingredients (all 4) that it takes to make Eggs Benedict (again, without ham). I called up Papa Jim, who is the best cook I have ever met, and obtained the recipe and talked to him as I made my very first batch of Hollandaise sauce. The first batch did not turn out so well. I used all my butter that night making the second batch. IT WAS AMAZING. My taste buds were so happy that night. My stomach, on the other hand, not too fond of the two Eggs Benedict I consumed in an unprecedented amount of time as well as finishing off the rest of the Hollandaise Sauce batch with asparagus. I may have paid for that later. But that is besides the point. It was incredible, really.

With ALL of that said, I wanted to share the recipe with you all!

Source: I actually have no idea what cookbook Papa Jim got this from

HOLLANDAISE SAUCE

Servings: 4

Prep time: 20-30 minutues

Equipment needed: Double Broiler and wooden spoon (per recipe)

Ingredients: 4 egg yokes
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 Pound butter (2 sticks), melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
a little dash of pepper

Directions: 1. Fill double broiler with water. DO NOT HEAT before adding ingredients (this was my downfall the first go-round)
2. Beat egg yokes in top of double broiler (at this point, you can turn on the heat, but make sure that the water NEVER boils. It all needs to heat VERY slowly)
3. stir in lemon juice
4. add butter little at a time once egg/lemon juice is heated up
5. stir constantly until thick
6. add salt and pepper

And that's it for the sauce!

Now, for the rest of the Eggs Benedict, this is what I did:
1. Lightly toast english muffin
2. Fry 2 eggs sunny side up (although, you are suppose to poach the eggs)
3. Layer egg on top of muffin, pour sauce over egg and muffin (ham, obviously optional).

Like I said at the beginning, it was amazing. I just wanted to share with you all.


In other random news:
Chad and I are starting to clear out the baby's room and organize the office. All VERY exciting. I will take before and after pictures, for sure.
Chad's basketball team, the infamous Team Uni, is undefeated. I'm about to head to their 5th game now.
Grammy (aka Chad's mom) just left after a good visit. We looked at baby things, and it was slightly overwhelming, but soo fun!
Papa Jim and Nana Sue are heading this way in a week and a half, and I am SO excited.


That's all I got! Off to cheer on Team Uni!

More blogs to follow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment