Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happenings

I thought I would post another round of pictures to update everyone on the happenings around the Arnold household. I plan to post, in a few days, some thoughts on the "Should Dos" (referring to all the things everyone, from family to co-workers to the man at the crepe stand, tell you that you "should do" for baby). For now, here's a picture update of life lately.

Me at 28 weeks (I don't like these pictures very much. Chad said that I've started smiling funny. Maybe my face is just getting chubby? Ha)



My cousin, Sydney, and I had brunch at Billy's Inn (Amazing--oat bran Belgian waffle?? Yes please!) I love having family so close. :)


I actually planted some things (and no freezes yet!). Here's some pictures of what we've done so far to the yard (I took these pictures as a testimony that I really tried to plant some bushes and shrubs...before they inevitably die):
The view from our lower porch. We love this view in the Spring and Summer!
I planted a lilac bush, "pinapple plants" and some petunias in the front. Regrettably, the petunias are not doing well at this moment. Glad I got a picture before their deterioration.

Lilac Bushes in the back! I cannot wait until these bloom a little more. :)

We had the leadership team of Refuge Community Church over for a bbq and meeting. Here's some pictures of the crew:

What can I say? we dominate at Rock Band.

Desiree, Grant, Don, and Micah waiting patiently for the burgers to be done.

Chad's really into this one. Don, Tanner and Amy admiring Chad's work on the guitar. :)

We also had dinner at the Whatley's this week! Yummy steak, asparagus, corn, and mashed potatoes. (Not sure what Chad's doing here. ha)
Here's Cara and I, belly to belly, as an illustration of how gigantic my belly really is:
I discovered my love for Super Mario Bros at Brian and Cara's, and I guess I sit like this more often now (its just more comfortable, I guess!)
29 week picture (again, not loving these photos. I think my face really is getting chubbier!):


I promise I plan to sit down to post some deeper thoughts on life and pregnancy. So check back later this week for another update! For now, I plan to sit out on our newly mowed lawn (thanks Chad!) and sit with the puppies for a while. Spring really is beautiful in Denver (when it isn't snowing, anyway).

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mary! I love these new pictures!! I'm so excited that the midwife appointment went well...that will be so special! the nursery looks amazing; it will be such a peaceful place for your sweet baby girl! I love the name and TJ and I can't wait to meet her! love you!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete